Sunday, August 5, 2018

Weekend Art 8/5/18

Some weekend art for TROPICRAWL! First is a warrior wearing the traditional salakot on his head--I think it looks quite fetching and/or intimidating on him! He's also wielding a heavily-stylized panabas or axe-sword, though I made the blade like crazy long, much longer than you'd ever see on a real one.

Next a sketch of the fearsome berbalang ghouls, one of the more popular Filipino creatures. Knowing they already exist as a monster in earlier editions of D&D, I'm motivated to make them my own design. Once I get to the full body art, I'll do my best to make them unique.
 Last I have a sketch of a possible design for the batibat, the Filipino hag known for crushing her foes, usually suffocating them in her sleep. While it's hard to thing of this hag in terms of D&D hags, I think I've come up with something. Contrasted with sea hags and swamp hags and forest hags, these batibat have traded a lot of their spellcasting for full-on martial damage. So, "battle hag" might work, with a couple war mage cantrips at her disposal.

I'll try to post more art at least every weekend. Luckily there's so many creature and player character concepts to draw from, at this rate I won't run out of material any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment